PDG AP Series anodized aluminum plate web guide assemblies deliver rugged, dependable and precise performance for mid to narrow web applications.
The AccuGuide PDG-AP Series, part of AccuWeb’s complete line of Positive Displacement Guide systems, are engineered for precision and dependability. Manufactured with rugged anodized aluminum plate, the AP Series are cost-effective systems that deliver premium performance in even the most demanding operations.
One or more pairs of proprietary linear bearings support the moving frame and idler roller assembly, securely linking it to its stationary base. This unique linear bearing system allows the guide assembly to be installed in vertical, horizontal or inverted positions for optimum application flexibility.
Low-Inertia Aluminum Plate Design — High strength-to-weight ratio allows fast frequency response in mid to narrow web configurations.
Proprietary Linear Bearing System — Cam follower bearings run in a hardened track, providing line contact for reduced friction and wear, resulting in a faster response.
Standard Sizes and Custom Assemblies — If a stock drop-in unit doesn’t match your needs, a custom AccuGuide PDG-AP can be designed for your specific applications.
Easy Wipe Down — Smooth, anodized flat surfaces are simple to maintain in clean room environments.
Free-turning Idler Rollers — Free-running bearings minimize rotational torques – ideal for running light webs. Dynamically balanced rolls ensure vibration-free performance. Choose from live shaft or dead shaft options.
An AccuWeb® System is a Sound Investment
- Tangible Benefits — While web guides represent a nominal expense within an entire converting line, they can have considerable impact on product quality, process waste, operating speeds, efficiency and maintenance costs. Choosing a web guide system that delivers optimum trouble-free performance is a wise investment.
- The Support of Web Guide Experts — The AccuWeb application engineering team helps you determine the best guide design and location to fit your specific converting operation. By evaluating your web widths, materials and change-over frequencies, as well as operating environment, AccuWeb helps ensure greater harmony between our innovative guide components and your web converting process for an optimum return on your investment.
A PDG is the most common and accurate way to guide a web. It requires relatively small entry and exit spans. The moving frame pivots on the incoming web plane to guide the web to its desired position. The AccuGuide PDG-AP Series are engineered for web widths ranging from 2" (50.8mm) to 36" (914.4mm).
Typical web threading configurations
AccuGuide PDG-AP Options
- Hard-coat anodized aluminum
- Black anodized aluminum
- Stainless steel
- Pedestal (3rd and 4th rollers)
- Integral controller mounting
- Cantilevered brackets
- Integral sensor mounting
Standard PDG-AP Series Sizes
- Hard-coat Anodized
- Cork Covered
The AccuGuide Series of PDGs Include:
- PDG-FS Series – a heavy-duty guide with tubular steel framing
- PDG-AP Series – a premium mid to narrow web guide with anodized aluminum plate construction
- PDG-PS Series – an economical narrow web guide featuring a modular in design
A variety of roller sizes and roller options are available
Optional edge detector mounting brackets are designed for fast, accurate micro adjustments
Pedestal designs with lead-in and lead-out idler rollers may be integrated for easy installation
Splice Table options with manual or pneumatic clamping devices