Web width or web edge position can be critical in converting applications. AccuWeb’s Web Width Monitor excels at making these measurements for both acquisition and process control. The system uses patented WideArrayTM edge detectors and a Micro 4000NET controller equipped with Web Width Monitor software to make accurate web width and position measurements.
Eliminate Motorized Positioners — WideArray edge detectors provide up to 18.4” (467mm) detection range per side, which eliminates the need for motorized detector positioners.
Accurate and Reliable — Dynamically compensated edge detectors continuously adapt to changing environmental conditions and build-up of contaminants on the sensors. Eliminates maintenance headaches caused by constant cleaning and recalibration.
Any Web Material — WideArray™ ultrasonic and infrared edge detectors can sense virtually any material - paper, film, foil, nonwovens, or mesh.
Operator Friendly – The compact 3-button remote station can be mounted virtually anywhere. Simple menus allow quick set-up of all tolerance and calibration settings.
Fast Changeover — The job recipe function allows the operator to store and instantly recall calibration and alarm settings for up to 25 products and processes.
Applications — Linear actuators can be applied to guide frames (both positive displacement guides and steering roll guides), unwind stands, winders, rewinders, coilers and uncoilers.
Alarm Outputs — Six digital control outputs can be programmed to trigger alarms when web width or position is out-of-tolerance.
- System allows simultaneous web width monitoring and web guiding.
- Not sensitive to vertical motion or web flutter.
- Hazardous Duty — Optional provisions for Class I Division 1 hazardous environment. Note: Control enclosure must be located outside of the hazardous environment. Ideal for blown or flat film extruders.
- Other applications include:
- Multiple-web sheeters
- Web-weave monitoring.
Blown or Flat Film Extruders Using the WideArray edge detection system in Blown Film or Flat Film extruders has several advantages. When used with optional software, the WideArray can oscillate the web, measure web width, monitor edge position, or position one web relative to another. The WideArray detection system simplifies operation and eliminates motorized detector positioners. The application shown is guiding the web into the slitter and windup, while simultaneously controlling bubble pressure to keep the lay-flat web width within preset limits.
Resolution: ±0.020” (±0.51mm)
Remote Station Features:
- User selectable English or Metric units
- Independent minimum and maximum web width alarms
- Independent left and right web out-of-center alarms
- Job recipe function stores and recalls 25 products and alarm settings
- Optically isolated alarm outputs
- ±10VDC or 0-10VDC analog output proportional to web width
- 2 line 16 character LCD for menu access and data entry
- IP65 rated
- Cam-locked door with double-bit insert key
- Chassis mount available
- 30°F (0°C) – 125°F (52°C)
- ControlNet™, DeviceNet™, Modbus Plus, Profibus®-DP, and Ethernet protocols.
- Web guiding
- Master/Follower web guiding
- Chaser/Slave web guiding
- Class I, Division 1 hazardous environment
- Wash down
|Model||Dimensions - Inches (mm)|
|1.5x3.75||1.25 (32)||3.00 (76)||4.56 (116)||1.20 (30)||3.81 (97)||1.50 (38)|
|1.5x5||1.25 (32)||3.00 (76)||5.75 (146)||2.40 (61)||5.00 (127)||1.50 (38)|
|4x3.75||1.25 (32)||5.50 (140)||4.56 (116)||1.20 (30)||3.81 (97)||4.00 (102)|
|4x5||1.25 (32)||5.50 (140)||5.75 (149)||2.40 (61)||5.00 (127)||4.00 (102)|
|4x9||1.25 (32)||5.50 (140)||10.25 (260)||6.40 (163)||9.00 (229)||4.00 (102)|
|4x14||1.25 (32)||5.50 (140)||15.06 (383)||11.20 (284)||13.81 (351)||4.00 (102)|
|4x21||1.31 (33)||5.75 (146)||22.50 (572)||18.40 (467)||21.13 (537)||4.00 (102)|
Dynamically compensated edge detectors
Optional fieldbus adapter
Compatible with the EVO 150 and Micro 4000NET controllers